Monday 8 April 2013

Hungry for Change- Sarah Allen

I came across this documentary and it relates to my earlier post about Type City as it has similar themes such as that of consumerism and nature vs man made.

Hungry for change is a documentry about food in our modern world. It informs us of things that diets, weight loss and the food industry do not want us to know; deceptive strategies that keep us wanting more.

"In America, each person consumes 150 Ibs of sugar per year, on average that is 22 tsp per day".

I found it so interesting and hope you guys watch it. It made me think about how the food industries are all about money, so they put addictive ingredients in their "food" to keep us coming back for more, so that they obviously can make more and more money.

Ideas that I could possibly follow up on could be that of consumerism, not just in the food industry.




The link to the official website for more information Hungry for Change.
Can find the documentary on youtube Hungry for Change Part 1
Date found: 27th March 2013

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I really liked this blog post. The video is so interesting, and it is sooo true that there is so much crap in our food that we are unaware of!! I am really interested in eating organically, eating 'whole foods'. Processed food has an unspeakable about of refined and 'fake' ingredients which are really detrimental to our health.

    I watched this video a few weeks ago, and reading your post reminded me of it. The video is about all the terrible ingredients that are in our food today. The government knows about these horrible ingredients, and they do not do anything to stop it, in fact, they try to stop us having access to whole foods, such as whole milk which is actually better for your health than pasteurised milk.

    I think the best way to be eating is organic fruit, veges, and meat. But getting well priced access to this is the main issue for most people.

    I would really suggest watching this video! It is super informative and interesting. We need to be aware of what it is that we are putting in our mouths. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMwXlikoFrM

    ReplyDelete